Updated: Nov 12, 2019
There's nothing like the holiday season. A time to spend with loved ones, creating new memories and reminiscing on the old, while gouging on the season's most divine dishes. Though the most wonderful time of the year can be exciting, it can also be one of the most demanding seasons of the year, particularly when planning for family merrymaking.
Well you're in luck because Macklemore Concierge lifestyle professionals are here to share their secrets to creating a fun filled all-inclusive holiday season fit for the entire family.
Here are some of our entertainment suggestions for this holiday year:
1. Although this may be bias, there's no greater place to spend the holiday season than New York City! Kick off the trip with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, see all of the events animated balloons to exciting performances which includes a star studded appearance by Santa Claus. Attend the Christmas tree lighting and ice skate at the historic Rockefeller Center skating rink. Visit the iconic toy store F.A.O Schwarz located in Rockefeller Center, a joy for kids of all ages. Join a free walking tour for the annual unveiling of the stunning holiday window displays, a fantastic New York tradition and also a great way to sneak in a shopping spree at the fabulous Fifth Avenue department stores. Grab some hot chocolate and board a horse and carriage tour at Central Park, experience all the beauty the park has to offer, especially when the trees are covered in snow. End the trip with a million other spectators waiting to ring in the New Year at the famous Times Square Ball Drop, that's if you and the family can bare the cold for a few hours. Let's book this trip today! #ChristmasinNewYork
2. Seeing a production of a holiday classic is a great way to spend time with family and begin a new tradition. Cirque du Soleil New York has created an exciting rendition of the holiday favorite "Twas the Night Before Christmas". A thrilling experience for both children and adults. The perfect activity to include in that family holiday trip to New York.
3. If a production isn't on the agenda, cozy up the family around the audio to watch a selection of each members’ favorite holiday film. Guaranteed "Home Alone" and "A Christmas Story" will be in the rotation.
4. Nothing can bring out the feels of the holidays like ice skating and hot chocolate. A super fun action activity topped with a delicious confection. Seriously a must do!
5. Holiday ornaments and craft making is a fantastic DIY activity for the family. Reserve a spot at your local pottery making venue to begin creating your holiday heirlooms.
6. Spread cheer decorating the home together with seasonal trimmings, while enjoying eggnog or other seasonal treats.
7. Plan a holiday vacation unique for your squad. Whether you prefer roasting chestnuts under the hot Caribbean sun or caroling while sailing the Atlantic, the ideal destination awaits your arrival.
8. Holidays are most memorable for gathering everyone around the season's best dishes. Each year make it a holiday tradition of creating a new family dish or recipe which incorporates an attribute of each member. This is a super inclusive project that will carry on for generations.
9. Keep the season spirit going with holiday tunes. Whether you and your bunch are at home or in the car, get everyone to sing along to the season’s jingles. A fun way to keep the good vibes going.
10. Go RVing for the holidays! America is known for going big with lights and decor during the yuletide season. Recently CountryLiving.com published an article "45 Best Christmas Towns You've Got To Add To Your Travel Bucket List", why not see them all? A perfect family road trip with some festive culture. #nationallampoonschristmasvacation
11. Host an ugly sweater soiree. Get everyone involved in creating the worst holiday apparel for the family. This activity will endure endless hours of laughter.
12. The holidays should be for all to celebrate and a time for sharing. Volunteering at a local food pantry or participating in a food, coat, or toy drive is an honorable way to give back as a family to your community.
We at Macklemore Concierge will work day and night to make all of your holiday dreams come true. We'll handle all the details so that you can enjoy your time with loved ones. Get in touch with us today to book a service.
Ann Shields, 45 Best Christmas Towns You've Got to Add to Your Travel Bucket List, CountryLiving.com, October 1, 2019. 10/8/2019 https://www.countryliving.com/life/travel/g2829/best-christmas-towns-in-usa/